If your YouTube channel is still unverified, then you are missing a lot! That’s because by verifying you unlock some of the basic YouTube features:
- adding custom thumbnails to your YouTube videos;
- uploading videos that are longer than 15 minutes;
- livestreaming on YouTube from your computer (to livestream from your mobile device you would additionally need 1000 subscribers);
- adding external website links to your videos;
- making your video private or unlisted;
- appealing content copyright claims.
What is the most important is that verifying your YouTube channel is very easy – you just need to add a phone number to your channel.
Keep in mind that verifying won’t get you a little grey tick/badge (verification mark) next to your YouTube channel name, because that’s a different procedure and it requires having at least 100000 subscribers.
In this article you are going to find out how to verify your YouTube channel.
Let’s get started!
Don’t miss: How to Enable YouTube Dark Mode?
How to verify your YouTube channel?
Usually users are asked to verify their channels right after the registration.
However, if you haven’t verified you channel yet, then follow the steps below to verify your YouTube channel:
- Go to YouTube.com using your web browser, scroll down the menu on the left and select “Settings”;
- In the Account page, select “Channel status and features”;
- Click “Verify” button below your channel username;
- Select country of residence and select whether you would like to get verified by text message or would like to receive a call;
- Enter your phone number and click on “Submit” button. Once you receive your verification code (via text message or a call), type it in the box and select “Submit”.
Easy as that! Your YouTube channel has been verified and now you have unlocked additional features on YouTube which I have mentioned above (custom thumbnails, videos longer than 15 minutes, livestreaming, etc.).
Don’t miss: How to Choose a Good YouTube Channel Name?
I hope that you found this guide helpful and were able to verify your YouTube channel. If you still have any more questions, then let me know in the comments below!