Twitter allows tagging up to 10 people in one post and it doesn’t affect count towards tweet’s character limit. When an user tags another person, that person receives a notification automatically. Some spammers may use this feature to attract your attention by tagging you in annoying and irrelevant post.
Or maybe some of your friends are constantly tagging you but you don’t want to be a part of that.
Whatever the reason, if you want to be untagged from Twitter tweet, you can do that as you are the only one who decides where to be tagged.
In this article you will learn how to untag yourself from Twitter photos and how to permanently prevent people from tagging you in their tweets.
Let’s get started!
Don’t miss: How to Find Out Who Unfollowed You on Twitter
How to untag yourself from Twitter photos?
If someone has already tagged you in his tweet and you would like to untag yourself from it, you can do this by following the steps below:
- Go to Twitter and login to your account if you haven’t already;
- Locate the tweet where you have been tagged;
- Click on menu icon at the top right corner of the tweet;
- From the dropdown menu, select “Remove my tag from photo”. Done!
However, if someone keeps tagging you in tweets and you don’t have time to manually untag yourself, you can permanently prevent users from tagging you in tweets by editing your account’s settings.
Don’t miss: How Often Should You Post on Twitter?
How to prevent people from tagging you in Twitter photos?
If you had enough of spammers tagging you in their tweets, you can edit your Twitter account’s privacy settings to choose who can tag you in their posts or disable this feature at all.
- Go to Twitter and login to your Twitter account;
- Click on Settings icon at the upper-right corner and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu;
- In the menu at left side, select “Security and privacy”;
- Under the Privacy tab, select who is allowed to tag you in their tweets. You have three options to choose from: “Allow anyone to tag me in photos”, “Only allow people I follow to tag me in photos” or “Do not allow anyone to tag me in photos”. Select second or third option;
- Click on “Save changes”;
- You will be prompted to re-enter your Twitter account’s password. Re-enter your password and click on “Save changes” once again. Done!
Now random people won’t be able to tag you in their photos so you won’t be annoyed anymore.
Don’t miss: 8 Common Twitter Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
I hope that you found this guide helpful and will know how to untag yourself from Twitter photos.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below!