Generally, you upload only those photos where you look great and in your best shape. However, if you friend took a picture of both of you, he may prefer to upload the picture in which he looks great. He may not really care about how you look!
The problem is that photo that you have been tagged in appears in your “tagged” section. So, all of your friends, relatives and other Instagram audience will definitely see it!
What to do in this situation? Well, you need to act fast! Keep reading further and learn how to untag yourself from Instagram photo.
Let’s get started!
How to untag yourself from Instagram photo?
Fortunately, removing yourself from a photo is easy. Follow the steps below to remove your tag from Instagram photo:
- Open up a photo in which you have been tagged in;
- Tap anywhere on the image and you will see all the usernames that are tagged in this photo;
- Click on your username;
- Popup box will appear, select “Remove me from post”. If you are using iPhone, then tap on “More options” and afterwards “Remove me from post”. Done!
How to disable people from tagging you without your permission?
Luckily, you can change your tagging permissions so that you couldn’t be tagged anywhere without your permission. You can either choose “Add automatically” or “Add manually”.
“Add automatically” basically means that anyone can tag you without your permissions. Tag will instantly appear on the photo and you will be able to untag yourself only afterwards.
However, if you choose “Add manually” option, then Instagram will inform you about the tag and you will be tagged only after you confirm it.
Follow the steps to disable people from tagging you without your permission:
- Go to your profile by clicking your profile photo icon at the bottom right corner;
- Tap on menu icon and select “Settings”;
- Select “Privacy”;
- From “Interactions” tab, select “Tags”;
- Turn off “Add automatically”. Done!
Don’t miss: Instagram Sponsored Posts: All You Need to Know
I hope that you have successfully managed to remove your tag from Instagram photo and disabled automatic tagging feature.
If you have any more questions, let me know in the comments below!