Twitter is one of the best platforms to keep up with the latest happenings around the world. Twitter is mainly about short tweets, however, your attention may be caught by some viral video which you would like to save and download to your device.
Maybe you would like to view it later offline, show it to your friends or re-post it on your own Twitter account. There can be many various reasons why you would want to save and download Twitter videos.
It is easy to save videos from Twitter, provided you have the knowledge and the right tools to do it. However, it won’t be as easy as right-clicking your mouse and selecting “Save video”. It is important to notice that the steps for saving Twitter video depends mainly on which device, computer or smartphone (Android, iOS), you use.
Keep reading further and you will learn how to save Twitter videos on your computer and smartphone.
How to save & download Twitter videos to your computer
If you would like to save Twitter video on your computer, then you won’t need to install any additional software or applications. However, you will still need to use third-party service (free).
Follow these steps:
- Open Twitter.com via internet browser on your computer or laptop;
- Locate the video on Twitter that you would like to save;
- Click on the dropdown arrow icon next to the tweet and dropdown menu will appear;
- Select “Copy link to Tweet”, that’s the URL link for that particular tweet;
- Go to DownloadTwitterVideo.com (free service) or use any other website that lets your download Twitter videos;
- Once in DownloadTwitterVideo.com, paste the URL you saved (by right-clicking and pressing “Paste”);
- Select “Download MP4” button;
- Thumbnail of the video will appear, right-click on it and press “Save Link As” to save it to your PC or laptop. Done!
How to save & download Twitter videos to your smartphone (Android)
As I have said earlier, you will need to download third-party app to your smartphone in order to save Twitter video. There is no way around it. So, follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Play Store and download any Twitter video downloader app. There are many free options to choose from, but I recommend “Download Twitter Videos – Twitter video downloader” as it has many good reviews;
- Open Twitter application on your mobile device and locate the tweet with the video you would like to save;
- Find “Share” icon and click on it;
- Window will appear where you will be able to choose from different apps. Choose Twitter Video Downloader that you have downloaded earlier. This Twitter video will be automatically saved to your phone’s memory. Done!
If you are using iPhone, follow the same steps just download a different app from AppStore that runs on your device (iOS).
That’s it for this article. There will be no problems to save Twitter video now! Have you saved any of Twitter videos earlier? Leave a comment below.