Retweeting is a great feature to use when you want to repost and share something interesting with your followers. Retweeting allows users to engage more and spread the most interesting content, it also helps you by making your Twitter feed more entertaining.
What’s more, you are able to add your own comment to a retweet. If you haven’t retweeted with a comment yet, then you are missing out!
In this article I am going to explain how to retweet with a comment on Twitter and why you should do so.
Let’s get started!
Don’t miss: 8 Common Twitter Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
What is a retweet with a comment?
Twitter allows you not only to share your own tweets but also retweet posts of others if you find them interesting. This allows you to share interesting content with your audience and make your feed more entertaining.
If you started using Twitter years ago, you may remember that you could only retweet posts directly as they are, without any quotes or your own perspective added to it.
However, in 2015 retweeting with a comment feature was released. Retweeting with a comment feature is also commonly called as quoted retweet. Simply put, this feature allows you to add your own comment along with the retweet.
This can help you to point out why you are retweeting or even provide your own point of view on that particular tweet. Comment makes it clear for your audience why you retweeted that particular tweet and what you wanted to highlight from that tweet.
Don’t miss: How Often Should You Post on Twitter?
How to retweet with a comment using your computer or Twitter app?
If you just found interesting tweet that you would like to share with your audience and add your own comment to it, then here is how to do that.
It is important to notice that you will need to follow different steps depending which device you are using for browsing in Twitter. I will explain how to do this using desktop computer/laptop and smartphone (Twitter app).
Follow these steps to retweet with a comment using computer:
- Go to Twitter webpage and login to your account;
- Find the tweet that you would like to retweet with a comment, then select Retweet icon (two arrows forming a square) under the tweet;
- Quote tweet pop up box should appear. Enter your preferred comment in the box and click on a “Tweet” button. Done!
Follow these steps to retweet with a comment via Twitter app:
- Open up a Twitter app using your smartphone and login to your account;
- Find the tweet that you would like to retweet with a comment, then tap on Retweet icon;
- You will be given two options to choose from: “Retweet” and “Retweet with a comment”. Tap on “Retweet with a comment”;
- Add your preferred comment and tap on “Retweet” button at the top right of your screen. Done!
I hope that you found this guide helpful and now you will know how to retweet with a comment on Twitter.
However, if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below!