With so many different registrations online you can easily forget your YouTube profile password. Have you forgotten your YouTube profile or channel password?
Luckily, you can get back to your account by simply resetting your password. You just need to have access to your e-mail, phone number or you just need to know answers to the security questions.
In this article you are going to learn how to reset YouTube profile password if you have forgotten it & additional information that you need to know while resetting your password.
Let’s get started!
What you need to know before resetting your YouTube profile password?
It is important to notice that you use your Google account to login to YouTube. This means that to reset your YouTube password you actually need to reset your Google account password.
Furthermore, you use Google account to login to other Google services too, like Gmail. So, when you reset your Google account password it means that you will need to login to Gmail & other Google products with a new password too.
Don’t miss: How to Change YouTube Channel Name?
How to reset YouTube profile password?
Follow the steps below to reset your forgotten YouTube profile password:
- Go to YouTube using your web browser. If you are automatically signed in, then just log out;
- Click on “Sign in” at the top right corner of your screen;
- Select the email address which you use to sign in to your YouTube account;
- Select “Forgot password?”;
- Answer a security question if prompted;
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be sent a verification code either via text message or to your email inbox;
- Enter the verification code which you have received via text message or email;
- Enter a new password in the “Create password” tab. Enter your new password again in “Confirm password” tab;
- Select “Change password”. Congratulations, you have successfully changed your Google account/ YouTube profile password!
Don’t miss: How to Change Your YouTube Profile Password?
I hope that you were able to successfully reset your YouTube profile password and get back to your account without any issues. If you have any questions related to this topic, leave a comment below!