Whether you notice a hateful comment, inappropriate post or fake account, you may report this inappropriate activity to Instagram.
Users are allowed to report other users because it helps to keep Instagram from spammers. With such large user-base, Instagram staff wouldn’t be able to handle all of this without the help of other Instagram users.
In this article you are going to learn how to report Instagram account and find out what happens after you report someone on Instagram.
Let’s get started!
How to report Instagram account?
If you have noticed a duplicate (fake) account or account that is posting inappropriate content or comments, you need to report him right away. Follow the steps below to report Instagram account:
- Open Instagram app using your smartphone device and login to your account;
- Head to the Instagram account which you would like to report;
- Find the 3-dot icon in the top right of the screen;
- From the drop-down menu select “Report”, choose the reason why you are reporting this account & follow further instructions.
How to report Instagram post?
If you have noticed that someone has just posted inappropriate post, you can report this Instagram post directly instead of reporting the whole Instagram account. Follow the steps below to report Instagram post:
- Open Instagram app using your smartphone device and login to your account if you haven’t already;
- Head to the Instagram post which you would like to report;
- Find the 3-dot icon at the top right above the post;
- From the drop-down menu select “Report”, choose the reason why you are reporting this post & follow further instructions.
If you are using Instagram on your computer, you can follow the same steps as described above.
What happens after you report someone on Instagram?
It is important to notice that all reports are anonymous, so the person who has been reported won’t know who reported him.
After you report someone on Instagram, case should be reviewed within a few days and Instagram should inform you about the outcome. Even if they decide that reported account does not violate Instagram’s guidelines, they will still notify you about it.
If Instagram staff decided that account has violated Instagram’s guidelines, then this account will probably be temporary suspended. If this account was just a fake/spammy account, most probably it will be permanently suspended.
Don’t miss: How to View a Private Instagram Profile?
I hope that you found this guide helpful and learned how to report Instagram account. If you have any more questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below!