YouTube is a great platform to watch any video you like from entertainment to how-to guides on all topics! However, you may stumble upon a video that is in some way inappropriate, hateful or abusive.
It is important to mention that you can and definitely should report such videos so it would be taken down before anyone else sees it. All in all, videos that violate YouTube’s guidelines should be removed from the platform as fast as possible.
In this article I am going to explain how to report inappropriate, hateful or abusive YouTube video fast and easy.
Let’s get started!
How to report inappropriate, hateful or abusive YouTube video?
Don’t wait no longer. If you noticed an inappropriate, hateful or abusive video, it is your obligation to report it so YouTube could review it right away. Follow the steps below.
- Go to YouTube, login to your account and find the video that you would like to report;
- Click on 3-dot icon at the bottom right below the video;
- From the drop-down menu select “Report”;
- You will need to choose the reason why you think the video is inappropriate. You can choose from “Sexual content, Violent or repulsive content, Hateful or abusive content, Harmful dangerous acts, Child abuse, Promotes terrorism, Spam or misleading, Infringes my rights, Captions issue”. Select one of the reasons and click “Next”;
- Then provide additional details in the empty box, add timestamp if necessary and click on “Report”;
Done! Video will be reviewed by YouTube’s staff within 24 hours. If YouTube decides that it infringes the guidelines, then the video will be removed. Also, channel that uploaded such video may be disabled too (depends on the infringement).
I hope that you found this guide helpful and you will know how to report an inappropriate, hateful or abusive video on YouTube.
If you have any more questions, let me know in the comments below!