If you run your own YouTube channel, then you must have received at least a few hateful or abusive comments under your videos. You should have also noticed a lot of people spamming in the video comment section by promoting their products and services.
Whatever the case, YouTube allows you to report such comments so they would be reviewed and removed by YouTube staff.
In this article you are going to learn how to report abusive YouTube comments.
Let’s get started!
Don’t miss: How to Choose a Good YouTube Channel Name?
How to report abusive YouTube comments?
If you had enough of spammy or hateful/abusive comments, then follow the steps below to report such comments:
- Go to YouTube and login to your account;
- Locate the comment that you would like to report;
- Hover over the comment and click on the 3-dot icon at the top right corner of the comment;
- Select “Report spam or abuse” from the drop-down menu;
- Select the reason why you are reporting this comment (“Unwanted commercial content or spam; Pornography or sexually explicit content; Hate speech or graphic violence; Harassment or bullying”) and click “Report”. Done!
Reported comment should be reviewed within a few days. YouTube staff will decide whether this comment really infringed YouTube’s guidelines and how to punish the user for writing this comment.
Don’t miss: Why Engagement Rate On YouTube Is So Important?
I hope that you found this guide helpful and learned how to report abusive YouTube comment. If you still have any questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below!