No one is protected from being hacked on Facebook. Your Facebook profile may be hacked or compromised if you noticed some strange activity on your Facebook profile that you don’t remember doing.
If hacker has changed your password, has access to your associated e-mail or even changed the associated e-mail, don’t be upset! I am here to help you!
In this article you will learn how to recover hacked and compromised Facebook profile in no-time.
Don’t miss: Improve Your Ads Using Facebook Power5 Tactics
How to recover hacked Facebook profile?
If your account just got compromised and you still can login to it, then just change or reset your password if you are sure that hacker doesn’t have access to your e-mail.
However, if hacker has changed your password and you can’t log in, if he has access to your associated e-mail or even changed the associated e-mail, then follow the steps below to recover your hacked Facebook account.
- Go to Facebook by using this link https://www.facebook.com/hacked. You will be able to report a compromised account here. If you believe that your account got compromised or hacked, then click on “My Account Is Compromised” button;
- Enter the e-mail address or phone number that is associated with your Facebook account and click on “Search” button;
- Then you will be asked to enter your current or old password. Type in the most recent password used on this Facebook account and click on “Continue”;
- Then you will need to specify why do you think that your account has been hacked, choose “Someone else got into my account without my permission” and click “Continue”;
- In the new page, click on “Get Started” in the bottom right side of your screen.
- Facebook will start checking whether there was some strange activity going on your Facebook account and will help you to change your password and add extra security. Click on “Continue” button;
- You will be asked to change your password. Type in your new password (don’t use your old password) and select “Next”;
- Here you will be able to enable login alerts, which will inform you whenever someone tries to login to your account from another device or internet browser. I recommending checking both boxes, after that click “Next”;
- Facebook will present you some of your activity (posts, settings and other activity that was made recently) and you will be able either to approve them or delete them;
- All done! Now your account got fully secured. Just click on “Go to News Feed” button and you will be back on Facebook.
Don’t miss: How To Go Live on Facebook: The Complete Guide
I hope that you found this guide helpful and you were able to recover your hacked Facebook profile back. If you still have any questions related to this topic, let me know in the comments below!