If you are on of those overly-active Twitter users who follow a lot of accounts, then your feed may be flooded with random posts unrelated to your interests.
You see, by following someone on Twitter you tell Twitter algorithm that you want to see more posts of this particular user. Some don’t know this and wonder why their feed is flooded with different types of unrelated posts.
If you would like to start from scratch and unfollow majority (if not all) of your Twitter followings, then you are in the right place.
In this article you are going to learn a few methods on how to mass unfollow people on Twitter.
Let’s get started!
How to mass unfollow people on Twitter?
There are variety of methods to mass unfollow people on Twitter. However, if you would like to unfollow less than a few hundred people, I would suggest to do it manually.
Don’t miss: Twitter Direct Messages: Everything You Need To Know
Method #1. Unfollow manually
Unfollowing several hundred people on Twitter manually won’t take much time and you will be able to identify better who you want to unfollow and who you would like to continue following. It is still a faster option than downloading a third-party app and installing it.
- To unfollow people on Twitter manually, login to your Twitter profile if you haven’t already;
- Go to your Twitter profile page and click on your “Following” count to view the list of your followings (or just click on this link https://twitter.com/following). From there, start unfollowing users one by one.
This method is suitable only for those who want to unfollow just a few hundred or less followers. If you want to unfollow more than that, then proceed to the method below.
Don’t miss: How to Create The Perfect Twitter Tweet: 7 Tips
Method #2. Mass unfollow using Google Chrome Web browser
To mass unfollow people on Twitter you will need to first download and install Google Chrome web browser to your computer if you are not using it already (as it is the most popular web browser these days).
- Go to your Twitter profile using Google Chrome web browser;
- Click on your “Following” count to view the list of your followings (or just click on this link https://twitter.com/following);
- Scroll-down to the bottom to make sure that every user that you follow is displayed on this list;
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+J (if you are using Windows) or CMD+OPT+J (for MAC users). Console window will appear, you will need to copy and paste the following code to the console:
Press “Enter” on your keyboard afterwards and this script will start executing. You will notice that script is unfollowing people on Twitter automatically. Just let it do its job and relax while it is working for you.
Don’t miss: How Many People Can You Follow On Twitter?
I hope that you found this guide helpful and were able to mass unfollow people on Twitter with ease. If you still have any questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below!