Are you concerned about your privacy on Facebook and don’t want unknown people to see your posts, pictures and check your friends list?
Would you like to make your Facebook profile private similarly like on Instagram so that only your friends could see your content?
Unfortunately, you cannot make your Facebook profile private just by a click of a button as on Instagram. However, you can tweak your Facebook settings so that only your friends could see your friends list, pictures and posts on Facebook.
In this article you are going to learn how to make your profile private on Facebook app so that only your friends would have access to your Facebook content.
Let’s get started!
How to make your profile private on Facebook App?
If you don’t want your Facebook posts to be visible to public any longer, then just follow these steps to configure Facebook app settings to make your profile private:
- Open up Facebook app and login to your profile if you haven’t already;
- Click on the menu icon at the top right corner of your screen;
- Scroll down and select “Settings & Privacy”. From the drop-down menu select “Privacy shortcuts”;
- Under the “Privacy” tab, select “Review a few important privacy settings”;
- Click on “Who can see what you share” tab;
- Click on “Continue”;
- Under the “Friends and Following” tab, select “Who can see your friends list on your profile?”. Choose “Friends”, so that only your approved friends could see your friends list;
- Afterwards, select “Who can see the people, pages and lists you follow?”. Choose “Friends” once again;
- After that click on “Next”. Select “Who can see your future posts on Facebook?”. Select that only your friends could see your posts.
- Also, limit past posts so that your already published posts would be seen only to your friends and not available to public. Click on “Limit” and confirm it by clicking on “Limit” one more time again;
- Click on “Next” and tap on “Next” one more time. Done! Now your Facebook profile is private!
I hope this guide was helpful and you were able to make your Facebook profile private. If you have any questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below!