Imagine if Instagram would inform users in case they had been blocked by someone on Instagram. Ouch, that wouldn’t feel good! That’s why Instagram does not notify users about this and keeps it in secret.
Luckily, there are several methods to check whether someone has blocked you or not.
In this article you are going to learn how to know if someone blocked you on Instagram with two simple methods.
Let’s get started!
Don’t miss: How To Choose A Good Instagram Profile Username?
How to know if someone blocked you on Instagram?
If you haven’t seen some of your friends posts on your feed for a while, it may indicate that he just quit Instagram, suspended his profile or just blocked you.
To find out whether someone blocked you on Instagram, follow the methods below.
- Go to Instagram and login to your profile if you haven’t already;
- Use Instagram’s search at the top and search for the user that you suspect in blocking you;
- If his profile was private previously and you can’t find him in search results, it means that he has blocked you or simply removed his profile;
- If his profile was public, then you should find his profile in the search results in any case;
- Proceed to his profile and check whether you see any of his posts. If you only see a message stating “No posts yet”, it means that you have been blocked. If you can see his posts, it means that you haven’t been blocked.
- Make sure that you are logged in to your Instagram profile and type in Instagram.com/username (replace “username” with his exact username) in the web browser;
- If you only see a message stating “Sorry, this page isn’t available”, it means that you have been blocked or this profile has been removed;
- To make sure that you have been blocked, just log out of your Instagram profile and go to the Instagram.com/username link again. If you can view this profile now, it means that your profile has been blocked by this user. If you still see “Sorry, this page isn’t available” message, it means that this profile has been removed.
Don’t miss: How to Create The Perfect Instagram Post: 5 Main Tips
I hope that you found this guide helpful and were able to know if someone has blocked you on Instagram. If you still have any more questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below.