Facebook has recently released a lock feature which users can use to lock their profile and get the “Lock” badge next to their name. The problem is that not every user is available to use this feature because Facebook is still testing it.
It means that only users from a few countries can lock their profile. If you don’t see such option in your settings, it means that lock feature is not available in your country.
However, I have found a little trick that you can do to lock your Facebook profile manually.
You see, lock feature basically automatically edits your post privacy settings so that only your friends could see your posts and stories.
My suggestion to this problem would be to just manually edit your privacy settings to show your future and previous posts and stories only to your friends. This will not get you the “Lock” badge, however, your Facebook profile’s settings will be the same as locked profile’s privacy settings.
In this article you are going to learn how to fix Facebook profile lock not working problem and edit your settings to lock your Facebook profile manually.
Let’s get started!
How to fix Facebook profile lock not working problem?
If Facebook profile lock feature is not available for you, then you can edit your account’s privacy settings so that they would be the same as locked profile’s settings.
Just follow these steps to lock your profile using Facebook App on your mobile device:
- Click on the menu icon at the top right corner of your screen;
- Select “Settings & Privacy”. From the drop-down menu select “Privacy shortcuts”;
- Under the “Privacy” tab, select “Review a few important privacy settings”;
- Select “Who can see what you share”;
- Click “Continue”;
- Under the “Friends and Following” tab, select who can see your friends list on your profile. Choose “Friends”. Select who can see the people, pages and lists you follow, choose “Friends” again;
- Afterwards, click on “Next”. Choose who can see your future posts on Facebook. Select that only your friends could see your posts. Also, limit past posts so that your posts that were published earlier would be seen only by your friends and not available to public. Click on “Limit” and confirm it by clicking on “Limit” one more time again;
- Click on “Next” and tap on “Next” one more time. Done!
Now you have manually locked your Facebook profile. It means that Facebook profile has the same privacy settings as a locked profile’s settings.
You will not get a locked badge icon next to your Facebook name, however, the privacy settings will be the same.
I hope this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Facebook profile lock not working problem. If you have any questions, just leave a comment below!