YouTube is the greatest platform to upload your videos to as YouTube attracts the most eye-balls and engagement. But is it important to mention that engagement is not always as positive as you would like to.
You can’t be famous and be loved by everyone, there will always be haters that will press “Thumbs Down” and dislike your video. However, if you are tired of seeing many dislikes on your video and want to disable likes & dislike feature, then this article is exactly for you.
Keep reading further and I will explain how to disable likes and dislikes on your YouTube videos and should you consider doing that at all.
How to disable likes & dislikes on your YouTube videos?
Disabling or hiding YouTube video likes and dislikes is simple & easy. However, note that you can only disable likes & dislikes on specific videos, so you will need to do it one-by-one.
Also, it is important to notice that you can’t disable just dislikes and leave likes visible, you can only disable or leave visible both of them together.
Follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube and login to your account (channel);
- Find your channel logo in the right upper corner and click on it;
- From the dropdown menu select “YouTube Studio”;
- Click on “Videos” tab. You will see all of your uploaded videos in this page;
- Select the video on which you would like to disable likes & dislikes and click on “Advanced” tab on the top;
- After that scroll down, find “Users can view ratings for this video” and uncheck that box. This box is checked by default, so you will need to repeat this procedure on every video that you upload.
Done! It is important to notice that this will disable users from viewing how many likes and dislikes statistics, however, they will still be able to like or dislike. You will be the only one that will see how many likes and dislikes your video received.
Should you disable likes & dislikes?
Now you know how to disable (hide) likes and dislikes on your YouTube video. However, the question is should you do that?
What is the first thing that comes in mind when a viewer sees that your likes and dislikes count is hidden? Viewer thinks that your video received many dislikes. Because what would be the other reason for you to disable it, right?
Recent social research stated that when YouTube video’s likes/dislikes count is disabled, people tend to click dislike button even more! So, always think twice before disabling/hiding likes and dislikes count.
All in all, we couldn’t find any positive things about disabling likes and dislikes, so keep that in mind.
Don’t miss: 11 Best YouTube Video Content Ideas
Have you tried disabling likes and dislikes on your YouTube video before? Would you do that again? Leave a comment below!