Instagram activity status helps people to know when their friends are online on Instagram. However, this feature may not be helpful if you don’t want others to know that you are currently online on Instagram. If you want to protect your privacy, then you should disable activity status on Instagram.
Keep reading and you will learn how to disable activity status on Instagram using your smartphone & computer.
Let’s get started!
What is activity status on Instagram?
Activity status on Instagram works the following way – when your Instagram friends are online, you will see a green dot next to their profile picture in direct message section. You will also be displayed when was the last time they were logged in to Instagram.
The worst thing about this is that others can also see when you are online. Luckily, you can easily disable this feature. However, if you disable activity status on Instagram, you won’t be able to see when your friends are online too. So, it is all or nothing.
How to disable activity status on Instagram using Instagram app?
If you are using Instagram via your iOS or Android smartphone’s Instagram app, then follow the steps below:
- Open up Instagram app and login to your profile if you haven’t already;
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom right corner;
- Tap on 3-dot menu icon at the top left corner;
- Go to “Settings”, then “Privacy”. From there, tap on “Activity status”;
- Switch the toggle off next to “Show activity status”. Done!
Don’t miss: How to Find Out Who Unfollowed You on Instagram?
How to disable activity status on Instagram using your computer?
If you are using Instagram via your desktop computer or laptop, then follow the steps below:
- Go to Instagram.com and login to your account;
- Click on “Profile” icon and then click on “Settings” icon;
- Select “Privacy and security” and uncheck the box next to “Show activity status”. Done!
Don’t miss: Instagram Sponsored Posts: All You Need to Know
I hope that after reading this guide you were able to disable activity status on Instagram. If you have any more questions, let me know in the comments below!