Instagram stores a lot of your private information. Most of this is done to make it easier for you to navigate through Instagram and provide you with better experience.
You may have noticed that when you try to search for something in Instagram, it automatically displays you the search suggestions (mostly your previous search history). It is done so you could quickly navigate through previously searched accounts or hashtags.
However, many of us wouldn’t like such information to be saved. There is good news – you can delete your search history fast and easy.
In this article I will explain how you can delete your Instagram search history using your iOS or Android smartphone.
Let’s get started!
How to delete Instagram search history via Instagram App?
It is important to notice that you can only delete Instagram search history using your smartphone via Instagram App. You won’t be able to do this via smartphone’s or computer’s internet browser.
Follow the steps below to delete Instagram search history using your iOS or Android smartphone via Instagram App:
- Open up Instagram App on your smartphone and login to your account;
- Click on profile icon at the bottom right corner;
- Tap on menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner;
- From the dropdown menu select “Settings”;
- Tap on “Security”;
- Under the Data and history tab, select “Search history”;
- Select “Clear search history” if you are using iPhone or “Clear All” for Android. Pop-up window will appear, tap on “Clear All” to confirm. Done!
Your search history on Instagram has been successfully deleted. Keep in mind that you can only delete old searches, so any new searches will still appear in search suggestions.
You will need to repeat this procedure again in the future, as you can’t permanently disable Instagram from saving your search history.
I hope that now it will be clear to you how to delete your Instagram search history. If you have any more questions related to this topic, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below!