If you are a YouTube creator and noticed that some of your videos are outdated, low quality or just don’t want them to be on your YouTube channel anymore, you can easily remove them.
There are two options – you can hide your video from public view (unlist) or simply delete it. Deleting a video from your YouTube channel is fairly quick process if you know how to do it.
Keep reading further and I will explain how to delete a YouTube video in less than a minute using your computer or smartphone!
How to delete a YouTube video using your computer?
If you decided to delete one of your YouTube videos using your PC computer or laptop, here are the steps on how to do it:
- Go to YouTube website and login to your channel;
- Find your YouTube channel’s picture on the top right corner, click on it. From the drop-down menu select “Your channel”;
- You will be brought up to your channel’s page, find the blue “YouTube Studio (Beta)” button next to your channel name and click on it;
- Select “Videos” tab from the menu on the left;
- Here you will see a list of all your uploaded videos. Locate the one that you would like to delete and click on the “3-dots” button. From the drop-down menu, select “Delete”;
- Popup box will appear, you need to thick the box to confirm that you understand that deletion of your video is permanent and cannot be undone. Click “Delete Video”.
Done! Your video has been deleted! If you would like to delete a video using your smartphone, then keep reading further.
Don’t miss: 11 Best YouTube Video Content Ideas
How to delete a YouTube video using your smartphone (Android/iOS)?
If you are using your smartphone, here is the guide on how to delete a YouTube video through iOS or Android mobile application:
- Open up YouTube App using your smartphone and sign in to your YouTube channel if you haven’t already;
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner. Menu will appear, select “My channel” at the top;
- Select “Videos” tab next to “Home” tab;
- You will see a list of your uploaded videos. Locate the once you would like to delete, and click on “3-dots” button next to the selected video;
- From the drop-down menu, select “Delete”. Popup will appear, just press “OK” to confirm.
Done! Your video has been deleted in under a minute!
Don’t miss: 6 Most Common YouTube Mistakes to Avoid
What happens after your video is deleted?
It is important to note that video deletion is permanent and cannot be reinstated. If you are still thinking whether you should or should not delete that video, you can just hide it from public viewing (unlisting). It will be the best temporary solution.
If you embedded or shared your delete video anywhere outside the YouTube, then it will only show “Video not found” error.
Keep in mind that all the likes, dislikes and comments will be also deleted together with the video. If you re-upload that video, then it will start from zero views and engagement again.
Also, deleted video views and other engagement metrics will also be removed from your YouTube video analytics.
Don’t miss: How Much Do YouTubers Really Make?
That’s it for this article! If you have any questions associated with this topic – let me know if the comments below!