The name you picked for your YouTube channel may not look appealing after a while. Fortunately, YouTube allows to change YouTube channel name to another one and this process takes only 1 minute.
However, you can’t be changing YouTube channel name too frequently, as YouTube allows to change it only 3 times in 90 days. So, keep this in mind while choosing your new YouTube channel name.
Let’s get started!
How to change YouTube channel name?
If you firmly decided to change your YouTube channel name, then follow the steps below:
- Go to YouTube and login to your account (YouTube channel);
- Locate your channel icon on the top right side and click on it;
- From the drop-down menu select “Settings”;
- Under the Your YouTube channel tab find icon with your logo and your current channel name. Select “Edit on Google” next to it;
- You will be brought up to a Google About me page. Type in your new channel name in First name section. If you would like to use two words in your nickname, then fill up Last name section too with the second word. Once done, select “OK”. It is important to mention that your name change will reflect on all of your Google products associated with this account (e.g. Gmail);
- Pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your name change. Select “Change name”. Done.
Congratulations, you have successfully changed your YouTube channel name. However, notice that YouTube name change can take a while and you won’t see your new name changed immediately. Just give it some time and you will be fine.
I hope that you have managed to successfully change your YouTube channel name. If you have any questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below.