Online hacks and breaches are happening daily and anyone can become a victim of data breach. Cybersecurity experts suggest to change online profiles passwords regularly, this alone will make your account more secure.
Your Instagram profile is not an exception, you may think that you are safe until it is too late. That’s why we always suggest to keep changing Instagram profile password on regular basis.
In this article you are going to learn how to change your Instagram profile password and what to do if you have forgotten your current Instagram profile password.
Let’s get started!
How to change Instagram profile password using mobile Instagram App?
If you are using your smartphone to access Instagram, then follow the steps below to change your Instagram profile password using Instagram App:
- Open up Instagram App on your phone and login to your Instagram profile if you haven’t already;
- Tap on your profile picture icon at the bottom right corner and you will be brought up to your profile page;
- Tap on the menu icon at the top right corner and from the drop-down menu select “Settings”;
- Select “Security”. Afterwards, under the Login security tab select “Password”. You will need to re-enter your old password and enter the new one. After doing that, tap on the check mark icon at the top right corner of your screen. Done!
How to change Instagram profile password using your computer?
If you would like to change your Instagram profile password using your desktop computer or a laptop, then follow the steps below:
- Go to Instagram.com and login to your Instagram profile if you haven’t already;
- Click on the profile icon at the top right corner and you will be brought up to your profile page;
- From there, click on the gear icon next to “Edit Profile”;
- From the drop-down menu, select “Change Password”;
- You will need to re-enter your old password and enter the now one. After doing that, just click on the “Change Password” button. Congratulations, your password has been changed!
Don’t miss: How to Disable Activity Status on Instagram?
What to do if you have forgotten your Instagram profile password?
If you are unable to change your Instagram profile password because you don’t remember your current password, then you will need to reset it.
Your Instagram profile password can be reset and verification mail will be sent either to your e-mail or by a text message to your phone. So, make sure that either e-mail address or a valid phone number is added to your Instagram account.
To reset your forgotten Instagram profile password, just follow the steps below:
- Log out from your Instagram profile if you are still logged in;
- In the Instagram’s Sign in page select “Forgot password?”;
- You will be requested to enter either your Instagram username, e-mail address or phone number. After that Instagram will send you reset instructions and you will be able to get back to your Instagram account.
Don’t miss: How To Hide Hashtags on Instagram?
I hope that you found this guide helpful and were able to easily change your Instagram profile password. If you still have any questions related to this topic, then leave a comment below!